A Night In Old San Antonio® (NIOSA) will be back in June 2021—better than ever with smaller crowds!
NEW UPDATES:Entrance tickets will be sold at two gates of NIOSA on all nights: the CPS gate (at Villita and St. Mary’s) and the Hilton gate (at Villita and Alamo Street, next to Hilton Palacio del Rio hotel). Gates marked on online NIOSA map online at www.niosa.org/p/things-to-do/event-map
All NIOSA guests must use the BlastPasswristband to purchase everything onsite at NIOSA (food, beverages and mementos). BlastPass can be purchased HERE on the NIOSA website OR on the NIOSA grounds at the many convenient BlastPass stations, marked well with bright blue signs.Those stations will also allow guests to load ANY amount of dollar amount of money on their wristbands—even one dollar!
Originally scheduled for April 2021 during Fiesta San Antonio®, the four-night festival will now run Tuesday to Friday, June 22-25, 2021 from 5:30 to 10:30 p.m. nightly. NIOSA brings the city’s heritage alive in its 14 cultural areas through the magic of 155+ food, drink and atmosphere booths and entertainment stages; continuous live musical acts; decorations; souvenirs; and many dedicated volunteers. This is the 72nd presentation of NIOSA, solely produced by and benefitting The Conservation Society of San Antonio (one of the nation’s oldest and most active historic preservation organizations).
SOMETHINGS NEVER CHANGE (thank goodness)! NIOSA 2021 will still:
- occur in the heart of downtown San Antonio on the grounds of La Villita Historic Arts Village District, with its four+ acres of historic buildings, cobblestoned streets, walls and fountains.
- feature booths run by volunteers making food or beverages; many volunteers are second or third generations of a family.
- serve the foods NIOSA has created or perfected, prepared and served including these favorites: Mr Chicken, Maria’s Tortillas, Anticuchos, its signature German sausage, Bongo-K-Bobs, Shypoke Eggs, Beignets, Fried Mushrooms, Yak-i-Tori, Steer on a Stick, Eggrolls, Gorditas and Fajitas de Pollo. Click HERE for map of grounds and list of foods
- feature NIOSA’s favorite entertainers who will be back every night of NIOSA
- sell its popular NIOSA souvenirs HERE on its website and on the NIOSA grounds, including the 2020 NIOSA medal
- sell beer in its signature collectible cups
SOME THINGS WILL CHANGE (for the better!):
- There will be three mobile Covid-19 vaccination
sites all nights of 2021 NIOSA (June 22-25) from 5:30 to 8 p.m. for the public
(starting at 4 pm for volunteers). Clinic sites will be located on
the NIOSA grounds in Clown Alley (Maverick Plaza), South of the Border (Villita
St. near Alamo) and Mexican Market (Assembly Bldg. patio) areas. Interested
person will need to present identification. Vaccine suppliers will vary and
will not be known in advance.
- A limited number of tickets for each night of NIOSA will be sold in advance HERE on the NIOSA website. This will lessen crowds and allow for more distancing. No paper entrance tickets will be sold at locations around San Antonio, as in past years.
tickets will be sold at two gates of NIOSA on all nights: the CPS gate
(at Villita and St. Mary’s) and the Hilton gate (at Villita and Alamo
Street, next to Hilton Palacio del Rio hotel). Gates marked on online
NIOSA map online at
- All NIOSA guests must purchase BlastPass—a cashless, touchless wristband that all guests must use to purchase everything onsite at NIOSA (food, beverages and mementos).
stores credits on the wristband for an easy payment process that is a
convenient, cleaner way to pay for items, with no need for paper coupons
that can easily get lost. Guests can no longer purchase paper coupons
on the NIOSA grounds.
- BlastPass can be purchased HERE
on the NIOSA website OR on the NIOSA grounds at the many convenient
BlastPass stations. Those stations will also allow guests to load more
money on their wristbands.
- Don’t worry:
There will be many manned BlastPass stations on the NIOSA grounds to
help people buy and load their wristband with more money via credit card
or mobile phone.
- A few areas and some booths will be in new locations in La Villita this year. Click HERE to see map and list of foods in each area.
- Children 12 and under are still free when accompanied by an adult. However, there will not be children’s games nor face-painting.
- Covid policies will be constantly updated HERE on NIOSA website. Presently policies include:
For more information, visit https://www.niosa.org/, contact (210) 226-5188 or email@example.com, or follow NIOSA on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NIOSA.NIOSA/ and Instagram at www.instagram.com/anightinoldsa/.