A Night In Old San Antonio® (NIOSA) will be back in June 2021—better than ever with smaller crowds!
Originally scheduled for April 2021 during Fiesta San Antonio®, the four-night festival will now run Tuesday to Friday, June 22-25, 2021 from 5:30 to 10:30 p.m. nightly. NIOSA brings the city’s heritage alive in its 14 cultural areas through the magic of 155+ food, drink and atmosphere booths and entertainment stages; continuous live musical acts; decorations; souvenirs; and many dedicated volunteers. This is the 72nd presentation of NIOSA, solely produced by and benefitting The Conservation Society of San Antonio (one of the nation’s oldest and most active historic preservation organizations).
SOMETHINGS NEVER CHANGE (thank goodness)! NIOSA 2021 will still:
- occur in the heart of downtown San Antonio on the grounds of La Villita Historic Arts Village District, with its four+ acres of historic buildings, cobblestoned streets, walls and fountains.
- feature booths run by volunteers making food or beverages; many volunteers are second or third generations of a family.
- serve the foods NIOSA has created or perfected, prepared and served including these favorites: Mr Chicken, Maria’s Tortillas, Anticuchos, its signature German sausage, Bongo-K-Bobs, Shypoke Eggs, Beignets, Fried Mushrooms, Yak-i-Tori, Steer on a Stick, Eggrolls, Gorditas and Fajitas de Pollo. Click HERE for map of grounds and list of foods
- feature NIOSA’s favorite entertainers who will be back every night of NIOSA
- sell its popular NIOSA souvenirs HERE on its website and on the NIOSA grounds, including the 2020 NIOSA medal
- sell beer in its signature collectible cups
SOME THINGS WILL CHANGE (for the better!):
- A limited number of tickets for each night of NIOSA will be sold in advance HERE on the NIOSA website. This will lessen crowds and allow for more distancing.
- All NIOSA guests must purchase BlastPass—a cashless, touchless wristband that all guests must use to purchase everything onsite at NIOSA (food, beverages and mementos).
- A few areas and some booths will be in new locations in La Villita this year. Click HERE to see map and list of foods in each area.
- Children 12 and under are still free when accompanied by an adult. However, there will not be children’s games nor face-painting.
- Covid policies will be constantly updated HERE on NIOSA website. Presently policies include:
- NIOSA will provide additional trash receptacles, recycle bins and appropriately distanced portable restrooms
- Guests must wear masks at the event except when eating or drinking
- New food serving procedures for all booths to minimize contact
- Enhanced sanitizing protocols will include additional hand sanitizer and hand wash stations, at entrances and throughout venue
- Entrance e-tickets will be available the beginning of May, ONLY on NIOSA website.
- No paper entrance tickets will be sold at locations around San Antonio, as in past years.
- BlastPass stores credits on the wristband for an easy payment process that is a convenient, cleaner way to pay for items, with no need for paper coupons that can easily get lost. Guests can no longer purchase paper coupons on the NIOSA grounds.
- BlastPass can be purchased HERE on the NIOSA website OR on the NIOSA grounds at the many convenient BlastPass stations. Those stations will also allow guests to load more money on their wristbands.
- Don’t worry: There will be many manned BlastPass stations on the NIOSA grounds to help people buy and load their wristband with more money via credit card or mobile phone.
For more information, visit https://www.niosa.org/, contact (210) 226-5188 or email@example.com, or follow NIOSA on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NIOSA.NIOSA/ and Instagram at www.instagram.com/anightinoldsa/.